Travelers Insurance Company
Business Insurance Claim:
Call IronPoint Insurance Services:
Did you know that Travelers Insurance has over 150 years of history? And that they were the first to write an auto insurance policy in the United States?
It’s true, Travelers Insurance has a rich history, spanning 150 years, and it’s filled with accomplishments tied directly to our national heritage.
From pre-Civil War through the tragedy of 9/11, Travelers Insurance has been dedicated to taking care of our insurance needs.
Travelers Insurance has many firsts
Throughout the 150 year history, Travelers Insurance has achieved many milestones that illustrate the company’s remarkable ability to be nimble, and change with the times. But it never waivers form it’s commitment to customers, and its independent insurance agents.
The reality is that Travelers Insurance has been ahead of the competition, offering many innovative, firsts for the insurance market:
- First to introduce accident insurance in 1864
- Fist to issue an auto insurance policy in 1897.
- First to open an insurance school in 1903.
- First to organize a corps of safety engineers in 1904.
- First to offer aircraft liability insurance in 1919.
- First to broadcast insurance television advertising in 1944.
- First to develop automobile simulator for driver safety in 1953.
- First to offer women lower insurance premiums for life insurance in 1958
- Fist to hold a transcontinental conference call in 1966.
- First to issue an accident policy for space flight and lunar exploration in 1969.
- First to develop catastrophe response vehicles in 1997.
- First to offer cyber liability insurance programs for online businesses in 1999
- First auto insurance company to offer discounts for hybrid vehicles in 2006.
The merging of The St. Paul and Travelers Insurance
The current Travelers Insurance is really the merger of St. Paul and Travelers back in 2004. The merger created one the 2nd largest property & casualty insurance company in the nation and one of the largest financial services firms.
The currently trade on the New York Stock exchange as TRV, under the Travelers Insurance Companies..
The Founding of Travelers
The founding of Travelers Insurance is an amazing story. Over a century ago, through an off-hand transaction of only two cents. As the story goes, James G. Batterson, a Hartford Connecticut businessman, while on the way home from lunch came upon a local banker named James Bolter. Battermson was discussing the formation of a new accident insurance opportunity in North America.
Bolter interjected and asked Batterson, “How much would it you charge to insure me against an accident between here and Buckingham Street where I live?” Batterson said it would be two cents. Bolter paid the two pennies and walked home without incident. That two-cent premium is a treasure still regained today by Travelers Insurance as their initial transaction.
Travelers Insurance actually began doing business in April, 1864, at the height of the civil war. And Batterson was the head of Travelers Insurance until 191 when he died.
IronPoint Insurance Services and Travelers Insurance Company
Travelers Insurance is another example of the type of excellence we expect from our insurance company partners. We are proud to be an agent of Travelers Insurance Company, and anticipate we will witness many more fists from this distinguished insurance company.
Like our partnerships with Progressive Insurance or Mercury Insurance, Travelers is hand selected because of its commitment to excellent customer service, claims processes, and commitment to the independent insurance agent marketing channel.