Flood Insurance

We can help you get affordable flood insurance with the National Flood Insurance Program or private insurance companies.

Rather speak with an insurance agent?


Protecting your home starts with a flood insurance quote

Water is great in pools and water slides, but not so great when it gets in the wrong places of your home. Your standard home insurance is fine for common water related losses, like burst pipes, clogs, and simple water intrusion. But flood insurance goes beyond the coverage of a standard homeowners insurance policy and protects you from more severe types of water damage, like heavy rain, flowing water surge, and severe coastal storms. If you’re looking for a flood policy, we can help insure your home with a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or a private insurance carrier.

Need Flood Insurance

Do I need flood insurance?

If you live in an area at high risk for floods, your lender will likely require you to purchase a flood policy. Not sure this is you or the new home your considering? Enter your address here and see if your home is in a flood zone.

While not as frequent, floods do occur outside of high-risk flood zones. Just because your lender isn’t requiring a flood policy, you may still want to consider adding this level of protection given it’s typically not covered by your standard home insurance policy.

Still not sure about buying a flood policy? Learn more about Flooding before you start a flood insurance quote.

What is flood insurance?

Given flood is not covered by your normal home insurance policy, it has a pretty technical definition that allows for insurers to draw the line between common water damage and flood related damage. Flood insurance is for all those things defined by flood and therefore outside the coverage of your homeowners insurance.

The best way to understand what is considered flood is go use the NFIP definition: A general and temporary condition where two or more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties are inundated by water or mudflow.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Flood Map Service Center will help you locate your area’s flood map.

What does flood insurance cover?

When your home insurance coverage stops providing coverage for water flows, then flood insurance picks up the coverage and provides protection for things like the structure of the home and personal property. Here are some of the things that are typically covered by a flood insurance policy:

  • Appliances
  • Carpet and flooring
  • Cabinets
  • Electrical and plumbing
  • Heating and air units

Like you home insurance policy, flood policies will have separate limits for structures and personal property, as well as deductibles. You’ll want to read your policy carefully to understand your coverage. Our you can call one of our specialists at (877) 334-7646 and we can assist.

What flood insurance doesn’t cover

When you purchase flood insurance through the NFIP, it will not provide coverage for things like:

  • Damage caused by earth moving
  • Additional living expenses
  • Walls and decks
  • Swimming pools
  • Currency or valuable papers

There are other things not covered by flood insurance and this is is not a complete list. It is important that you read and understand your policy and coverages to make sure you know what is and isn’t covered.

We make managing your policy easy

Compare Insurance Quotes Online

Log in to your policy

Get policy status, request copies of your documents, print ID cards … it’s the whole paperless thing. Find your ID cards and take care of biz online. Now you’re the boss.

Get the mobile app

Make your policy mobile. Do most of you can do online, but also have a direct communication link with your agent. Just a few taps on your smartphone.

Need auto or home insurance?

We created ComparisonQuote.com so consumers can easily compare the rates of our excellent insurance carrier partners online, secure, fast, and always free.

Let’s get started with a Flood Insurance Quote

It’s safe, secure and free, why not compare insurance quotes online?

Call 1-877-334-7646 to speak with an insurance agent

Got questions about flood insurance?

Does flood insurance cover the basement?

There is limited coverage in the basement. Certain items used to service the residence are covered, like water heaters, furnaces, washers, and dryers.

Carpeting and wall finishing are not covered. Neither is other personal property.

How do I buy flood insurance?

You can get a flood insurance quote by calling one of our  qualified agents. Call us at (877) 334-7646 to get a free flood insurance quote. 

Does homeowners insurance cover flood?

No. It is not likely that your homeowners insurance policies will provide coverage for damage from flooding. If you live in a designated flood zone or an area that is prone to flooding, flood insurance becomes more necessary because of the home insurance exclusion, and requirements from mortgage companies.

Copyright IronPoint Insurance Services, LLC | California License No. 0G87821 | PO Box 62436, Irvine, CA 92602 | 877.334.7646

IronPoint Insurance Services, LLC is an independent insurance agency licensed (#0G87821) with the California Department of Insurance. We are authorized agents for many A+ rated Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and Utah insurance companies. We provide consumers with online, phone, and in-person insurance services through our insurance company relationships.

IronPoint Insurance Services, LLC offers multiple insurance quotes through ComparisonQuote.com to provide consumers several options for their insurance products. We offer auto insurance through Travelers Insurance Companies, Nationwide Insurance, Safeco Insurance, MetLife Auto & Home, and Progressive. We are authorized insurance agents for these companies and do not charge any fees for our services. If an IronPoint insurance agent tries to charge you broker or agency service fees for representing these companies, please contact us immediately.

Pet insurance coverage offered and administered by Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC is underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company, a New York insurance company, or Independence American Insurance Company, a Delaware insurance company headquartered at 485 Madison Ave. 14th Fl. New York, NY 10022.

Copy link